Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thanks for the Memories

I've been coming to Mazatlan for about 15 years now. To say that going to Senor Frog's was a highlight of my first visit (and pretty much every visit thereafter) would be a huge understatement.


Suffice to say, Senor Frogs is the first and most likely, the last place I will ever dance on a table. I danced on tables there more than once. Sometimes by myself. Mostly with other people. Sometimes I knew their names. Many times, I did not.

Senor Frogs' was just one of those places that everyone should have in their repetoire of stories to tell grandchildren about. (Even if there is a rule that what happens at Senor Frog's stays at Senor Frogs!)

I had heard that the "original and still the best" Senor Frogs in Mazatlan (the one on the malecon) had moved - down the street, to a spot underneath the El Cid hotel. I'm sure it's very nice. You know how it is tho...once a place like SF's moves, it's never really the same. The building carries as much mystique as the events that happened there.

Even forewarned, I was not prepared for this sight. So very sad.


As it used to say on the ceiling over the dance floor, it ain't easy being green.

Thanks for the memories, SF!

No comments:

Post a Comment